IRVINE, Calif.: FUTEK's LEGO® demos impressed crowds at the MD&M West 2017. FUTEK exhibited five LEGO models built almost entirely from LEGOs. Each display demonstrated in miniature a different application. The following are more details about the LEGO demonstrations:
- Marble Sorter: The custom marble sorter featured FUTEK's LLB130 Subminiature Load Cell Button which measures the weight of the marbles on the platform, allowing the LEGO EV3 brick to intelligently sort the marbles by weight.
- Infusion Pump: Measuring a consistent flow rate on a syringe pump requires a consistent force applied to the head of a syringe plunger. Monitoring this force can be accomplished with FUTEK's LSB200 Miniature S-Beam Load Cell fitted into the plunger in order to provide force feedback.
- Robotic Arm: To measure the force applied by a robotic gripper, we integrated our QTA141 Micro Reaction Torque Sensor inline converting its torque measurement into force using the weight of the LEGOs being picked up.
- Wire Tension: In the wire tension application, FUTEK's LCM100 Miniature In-line Load Cell measures the weight of the objects picked up by the crane. If an object is too heavy it will alert engineers so they might take action before the wire snaps.
- Pick and Place: Contact force measurement is key for picking up fragile electronic components. FUTEK's LSB200 measures the contact force applied by a LGEO pick and place gantry.
The MD&M West Trade Show is the largest MedTech conference in North America. At the conference, attendees discover how to better define their design techniques and development strategies, tackle barriers to market adoption through user-centric design, and leverage the latest breakthroughs in value-based product development. For more information on the MD&M West 2017 conference, including a full list of exhibitors, visit MD&M West Online.
About FUTEK: FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology, Inc. is a U.S. Manufacturer of load cells, torque sensors, pressure sensors, multi-axis sensors and related instruments and software. Located in Southern California, FUTEK has built a reputation as a quality provider of test and measurement tools. As the Sensor Solution Source, FUTEK supplies test and measurement products to many industries, especially medical, robotic, and aerospace.